What has changed? The situation at New Square gets worse (hat tip to Steven)
The Chilul Hashem grows daily. The Skeverer Rebbe stays silent; he doesn’t visit the victim of the arson attempt nor has he put this arsonist house boy into Cherem for this act, to my knowledge. Check out the video above. Can you imagine if they were Muslims saying this is “MuslimLand” and not “JewLand” as expressed by the Skverer Chasid?
All that aside, what also irks me is that the two internet based news sites, matzav.com and www.theyeshivaworld.com remain completely silent on the matter. Nothing has happened in New Square that’s worth reporting? How can this be? This is the same type of blackwashing that takes place in Artscroll and other Charedi publications. Why are they hiding it? Is it because they want their kids to do such things or because they don’t want their kids to do such things? If the latter, why not show it, and issue condemnation?
Here are the front page topics on Yeshivah World News which were considered more news worthy than an arson attack on a family of 5 by Skeverer Chasidim:
- Bloomberg Compares Same-Gender Marriage To Slavery
- Google Announces Mobile Payment System: Google Wallet
- Burglars Stealing Silver Sefer Torah Crowns Busted After Investigation By Metropolitan Police & Shomrim London NW
- New Jersey State Police: 18 Percent Increase In Fatal Traffic-Accidents This Year
- Wisconsin Union Law Struck Down By County Circuit Judge
Here are the topics that matzav considered more newsworthy than an arson attack on a family of 5 by Skeverer Chasidim:
- Bloomberg Makes Case For NYC Same-Gender Marriage Law, Compares It To Slavery
- RCA Examining Its Guidelines For Individual Membership of Yeshiva Chovevei Torah
- Lakewood Officials and Askanim Visit Bnei Brak On Chizuk Mission
- Lakewood Cheder Closes On 13-Acre Campus
- 17% of Lakewood Residents Are Under Age 5
- OU Kosher: Building Bridges to the World of Yeshivos
- NYC to Save Money by Increasing Class Sizes for Special Education Kids
- New York City Health Department Wants All ‘Alcopops’ Banne
- New National Rubashkin Campaign
Why is the story from New Square clearly under censorship by Matzav and Yeshivah World News. Pitputim have a few commenters who come across as apologists for Charedim, would any like to respond with a guest post justifying this practice of שקר?