[Hat tip to Dovid]
I almost choked on my breakfast when I saw that the Teitlebaums, the warring Satmar brothers, both of whom claim to be “Rebbe” of the anti-zionist, Satmar Chassidic Sect had met with, and engaged with Arab billionaires who could hardly be described as lovers of Jews or the State of Israel. To claim it was “Torah Law”, which I understand to be D’ORayso, that one must oppose the state, is simply a Torah furphy, as shown over and over.
I just ask the question: halachically, should one now tell a Satmar collector to go to Sydney Road Coburg (where many Arabs live) to collect funds for their next child’s wedding or should one do otherwise?
I know the Rav always gave them Tzedaka. I do not think they engaged in this, however, in those days. The Rav used to say that the only people you could “trust” in Israel were them and their ilk. They never changed their spots.
Use a Hebrew to English Web translator, if your Hebrew isn’t good enough to understand the gist of the article above.
3 thoughts on “Satmar think they bring Moshiach by meeting with these people?”
1. Where did you see that R Zalman Leib also met with them?
2. How do you know they could not be described as lovers of Jews? They claim to be, how do you know they’re lying? After all, according to the article the have Jewish business partners, so they’re not likely to be completely antisemitic. And if they were not lovers of Jews before, then surely such a meeting stands at least some chance of changing their minds.
3. Why do you understand האיסור על פי התורה שלנו to mean de’orayso? Are issurim derabbonon suddenly not forbidden according to our torah?!
We are not talking about making common cause with those who are trying to kill Jews. We are talking about explaining the shitah of one of the most important poskim and gedolei hador of the last century, to some people who have never heard of it, and who might be inclined to think better of the Torah and of Jews. How is that not a kiddush hashem?
1. This was reported in other places, but okay, let’s grant you that the evidence suggests half a Satmer Rebbe met them
2. They surely do “love us”, which is why they went to the Satmer specifically. You see, they understood the Shalosh Shavuous according to R’ Yoel, and that’s got to be the reason they picked this (non) representative group out.
3. I’m sure they become lovers of Satmar. Why would they become lovers of the rest of us. There’s real business to be done with the Satmar juggernaut.
4. If Torah law here means “Rabbinic Law”, what are you trying to prove, that they are all good guys after all?
5. We are actually talking about aiding and abetting those who do not recognise our right to exist in the State of Israel. In simple words, that implies war and loss of life. You do not meet such people. The Rebbe was not Yaakov meeting with Eisav, was he? Even they went their own ways. The Satmerer don’t want to go their own way, they want to go down the grovelling path of yesteryear where the down trodden were at the behest of the Government of the day. Va’anachnu B’Sheim Hashem Nazkir, and we don’t give up a centimetre, nor do we cow tow to those hell bent on destruction.
It is completely irrelevant to talk about the Shitta of those of yesteryear. They are not applicable. Let’s realise the reality of the here and now. Even Aguda does that, and through Chasdei Hashem, the slow materialisation of Moshiach will arrive Kimah Kimah.
I’d rather not be kissed by Esav.
The article says why they went to Satmar. It was because they saw an ad the Satmarers had placed against the medinah, and they asked their Jewish business partner what it was about, so he explained it to them and they wanted to meet such a rebbe with views that they had never heard of before.
They claim not to have anything against Jews; why do you doubt their word? Just because they’re Arabs?! How racist is that?
We are actually talking about aiding and abetting those who do not recognise our right to exist in the State of Israel. In simple words, that implies war and loss of life. You do not meet such people.
What are you talking about? They are not at war with us. Do you not meet with any goy who opposes Israel?! How are these two Arabs different from, say, Bob Carr? Or from any other citizen of Dubai? Are we to boycott the entire Arab race?!
It is completely irrelevant to talk about the Shitta of those of yesteryear. They are not applicable.
Says who? Do you seriously expect Satmarers today to reject the Divrei Yoel?! “Even the Aguda”?! Of course the Aguda! That’s exactly why the DIvrei Yoel condemned the Aguda as the worst apikursim! How do you hold them up as an example?