Yesterday, I published a few new blog posts. While I had some time to look at my blog, it being a public holiday, I noticed that I had a very high count of “Uncategorized” posts. That is, posts which had been written probably on my iPad and I hadn’t tagged them with any Category and/or Tag. In some, I noticed a spelling error, and corrected these.
All of a sudden my wife says from downstairs, “Why are you posting so many blog posts all of a sudden”. I said, “I didn’t do that many, what are you talking about”. As an example, she mentioned one about Zephania from quite a while ago. I replied that I had not blogged about him in ages. It then dawned on me that the “dumbish” software decided that an edit, such as adding a category or a spelling correction turned it into a “new” post. Of course, these aren’t new posts and I regret that they gave that impression. It was unintended. I will see if there is a way to keep an original (old) article and make a minor change without causing it to be “republished and seem like a new post”. Sorry for the bother to those affected by this deluge of not “new” posts, and those who are wondering what is actually new in something that was published a while back.
I’m also (failing) to organise it that the advertisements that are foisted on my blog by the blogger software (from which I make no money) are less risqué and more appropriate, but I’m not sure if I succeeded. Regrettably I don’t see the ads!